My First Road Trip!
Friday, June 22, 2012 we embark upon my first road trip! Woo hoo! First stop, Columbus, Ohio to visit and stay the night with Auntie Ibby. Here we are after 8 hours of driving to get there...
Quarters were close with the five of us kids surprising Auntie Ibby (yeah Mama neglected to mention she was travelling with her friend and her two kids as well...oops).
Then it was on to Ortonville, Michigan where I met Aunt Lyndsay!
We played at the playground, it was so nice to be out of the car for a while. I may have been the smallest but I was still crowned King of the Playground.
And the next day we finally made it to Escanaba, Michigan! Here I am with Grannie.
I was asleep in no time.
Actually, I was asleep a lot of the time. We went to the beach every single day. Mama just kept me in the sling so I didn't get too much sun. I loved sleeping to the sound of the water.
Ms. Shirley brought a giant pretzel float. It was fun even out of the water.
Here I am at Gran and Grandpa's house doing some deep thinking.
Aaaaand, a super close-up with brother. He likes to be close to me. I love him too but man, just because I'm a baby doesn't mean I don't like my space.
That's better.
Yeah, I pretty much slept most of the trip.
Here we are hanging out in the yard...
As you can see, I was pretty much in charge.
I watched after Abacus, when he got out of hand I would just tackle him.
He understands, it's tough love.
Fourth of July there was a parade. I slept through that too.
We left Escanaba and went back to stay with Aunt Lyndsay for a few days before heading home.
Mama and Aunt Lyndsay were thrilled to have all of us kids together for the first time.
After my first airplane ride, we landed in Atlantic City and went back...you guessed it...to the beach! This time Mama actually went in the water so a makeshift tent was constructed.
Then lunch at The Rainforest Cafe with Mom Mom and Not My Daddy. I may look unimpressed in this picture, but it really was a cool place.
Until Nex time....
Comments
Post a Comment